Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Seduction of His Wife

by Janet Chapman

He set out to seduce her for all the wrong reasons -- but found himself falling in love with her for all the right ones.
Alex Knight is dead -- or so everyone thinks. A widowed logger baron with a risk-taking streak, he took on a South American engineering project and was reported dead after a rebel attack. So when he turns up back in Maine very much alive, his grieving family is shocked. But the biggest shock is Alex's, when he discovers he's now married -- to a woman he's never met.
Sarah Banks is ready for a change from running a quiet Bed & Breakfast, and working for the Knight family offers not only a bigger opportunity, but also the family life she yearns for. So she's glad to help secure custody of Alex's orphaned children, whom she's come to love, by marrying their father by proxy before he's legally declared dead. But when Alex returns, the sexy, determined woodsman upends all of Sarah's plans. Because suddenly she's married to a passionate stranger with an easy smile...and tumbling headlong into a fiery dance of seduction.
Review as on Goodreads by ♡ Sassy ~ Amy ♡
Part of a series, but it can be read as a stand alone book. I have read all JC books and thought they were great. This series was one I did not have, so I bought them & Low and behold... here I am.

The book was great, but I absolutely HATED Sarah.

Sarah - Beautiful, busty blond... I cannot stand weak women & she seemed very pathetic. She was obsessed with TV & her romance novels. I know people like that, and they are just WEEEIIRD!! So I put her in this category. ALSO, this has one of those classic scenes where she thinks she's dreaming, ends up having sex with a sleeping guy for him to wake up at the end & throw her out because he can't believe it happened, only for him to really want her back & shortly there after find out she's pregnant. Shocker there! (NOT!)

Otherwise, Alex is the Hot eldest hard working logger son of Grady who was believed to be dead only for 11 days & his dad Grady decided he should marry him by proxy to their hot house keeper, so Alex's ex-in-laws would not sue for custody of Alex's 2 children. He find Sarah HOT and then obviously decides he wants to keep her. He decides he needs to seduce her to get his way. She thwarts all his efforts by being blunt & no matter what he says to complement her, it seems to backfire.

Yes absolutely, there are some cheesy moments in this book where you have to laugh & say "WHATEVER!" but the good far out weighs the bad. I think the little side story of strangers in the woods was also just thrown in there, but hey. It can't all be about a fickle girl in a fantasy world... Hey! I read, but real is real. I wish I could pick the alpha male in my book to marry, but I don't think "hmmm... what would so and so do in my place"...
Rating:

0 comments:

Post a Comment